Saturday, May 16, 2009

Buon Giorno!

Finally in Roma!

I landed at Fiumicino around 8:45 Monday and was surprisingly not tired, even though it was 2:45 at home. Obviously, it was the thought of actually being here that had me going. A few of us in my program got our bags and taxied to the Sede di Roma, where we will be taking classes, at the Piazza Collegio Romano. The girls moved on to our apartment on Via Labicana, which is just a short walk from Il Colosseo. It is unbelievable how all of these historical landmarks are put right up next to modern day society. The rest of the day was dedicated to getting settled, something in our stomachs, and then we all napped for a good 5 hours. The jet lag had finally struck.

The rest of the week has been dedicated to orientation and starting classes, but I have been able to see a ton of what makes Rome "Rome." Some I have seen in passing, and some I have sought out, but all of them have been amazing. I honestly cannot wait to explore more of what the Eternal City has to offer, and since we're keeping a blog for class, I get to share it all!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment